The Ohio CCW Course offered by Victoria Tactical is the most encompassing and well-rounded CCW class in the area! This 8 hour class, led by OPOTA certified instructor, fulfills the CCW requirements for the state of Ohio. Classes consist of a minimum of 6 hours of classroom time and 2 hours of range time and are held in their entirety at the same location, eliminating unnecessary travel from classroom to range. Classes are typically held on Saturday's, but special accommodations can be made.
With extensive backgrounds in military, law enforcement, and the private sector, our instructors offer real-world experience and insight.
What will I learn?
Students can expect the following:
- Current Ohio concealed carry laws
- Current Ohio firearm laws
- Parts of the firearm
- Functions of the firearm
- Real-world scenarios and examples
- Tried and true skills and techniques for threat identification, avoidance, and deterrence
- A thorough understanding of the characteristics of the student's firearm
- And much more!
What is a normal class like?
Class begins at 8:00 am with an introduction of all instructors and students. While water and coffee are typically provided, students are encouraged to bring their own snacks and additional drinks (Please note that no alcohol is permitted on the grounds of the facility). After introductions, the morning is filled with interactive lecture. Students are encouraged to interact and to take part in the conversations and scenarios.
Class breaks for lunch for an hour around noon. Lunch is typically provided, but students are welcome to try one of the local diners. However, each student must be back in the classroom at the designated time to continue training. In the event that a student fails to return on time, within reason, that student will not be permitted back into class and will forfeit payment for the class for that day. There is a specific amount of time required for students to attain certification and we take this requirement very seriously.
After lunch, students will return to the classroom to finish their required lecture training and to take their written exam. Once this is completed, lecture gives way to practical firearms training as students head to the on-site range. We pride ourselves on this portion of the class, as no other concealed carry course that we have been to or heard of goes to the extend that our students do in this class.
Once each student has passed their practical shooting test, the class returns to the classroom for final thoughts, discussions, and questions. Students are typically dismissed between 5:00 and 5:30 pm.
- The firearm that you intend to carry.
- A minimum of two magazines or speed loaders for the handgun that you will be shooting.
- 100 rounds of factory ammunition for your firearm. No reloads are permitted on the range. All ammunition will be checked for firearm compatibility and reloads.
- Pen and paper for note taking.
- Eye and ear protection.
- Appropriate clothing. Class will be held regardless of weather conditions and we will shoot rain or shine. We fight like we train, so dress as you normally would. Please note that open-toe footwear is not permitted on the range.
- Quality holster for your firearm. We recommend a holster worn outside the waistband (OWB) for training purposes, but do allow inside the waistband (IWB) holsters in class.
- Double magazine holder, either OWB or IWB.
- An open mind.
Please note: Accommodations can be made for many of these items. Please contact us prior to class with any questions or concerns.
Victoria Tactical does not permit photography or the recording of any audio or video without expressed permission.